Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
Tecno on 13/09/2021 launched the Spark 8 which is a budget android smartphone in India priced at Rs.7,999 & these are my honest thoughts about it.
Keeping track of all smartphones to compare & buy has never been easy but with "TG's One Link Solution" everything now at your fingertips Click Here to Know More
1. Battery [8.6/10]
Device comes with Li-Po 5000 mAh battery which does not supports fast charging. The battery life should be excellent as it features,
- Huge battery size.
- 12nm fabrication of the SOC.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: Upto 8 hrs average.
Battery Life: Upto 2 days average.
2. Performance [8.3/10]
Device comes with Mediatek Helio A25 12nm SOC & runs Android 11 Go OS with Tecno's HIOS 7.6 interface on top. The overall performance should be great as it features,
- 4 ARM-Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.8 Ghz & 4 ARM-Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.5 Ghz with PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
- 2/3/4GB RAM & 32/64GB eMMC 5.1 Storage.
3. Features [8.3/10]
The device comes with great features which includes,
- Important sensors: it comes with fingerprint, accelerometer & Proximity.
- Connectivity options: Single-Band WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 5.0, Micro USB 2.0 port, GPS (A-GPS), Dual SIM (dual nano SIM, dual 4G, VoLTE) & Dedicated Micro SD card slot.
- Audio features: Single speaker & 3.5mm headphone jack
4. Display [8.1/10]
Device comes with 6.52 inch display which should offer great quality as it features,
- IPS LCD 60Hz refresh rate panel with HD+ [720 X 1600 pixels] resolution. It supports 120Hz touch sampling rate.
- Very good 270 ppi sharpness, 480 nits peak brightnesss & 20:9 aspect ratio.
5. Form Factor [8/10]
- Dimensions: 164.82 x 76.05 x 9.2 mm & Weight: 200 gms.
- Build: Corning Gorilla Glass front, Plastic back & frame.
6. Camera [7.7/10]
Device comes with  rear cameras with quad LED flash &  front camera with dual LED flash. The overall camera quality [image & video] should be great [8.2/10] in day & pretty good [6.6/10] in night as it features [camera features 0.3],
- Main: 16MP with f/1.8 aperture wide-angle lens with AF.
- Secondary: AI Lens.
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30fps]. It features Portrait mode, video portrait, Slow motion mode & more
- Front: 8MP with f/2.0.
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30fps].
7. Box Contents: Tecno spark 8 [Device itself], Adapter, USB cable & Guides / Paper work.
8. Price, Variants, Colors & Availability
3 Price: Rs.7,999, Rs.9,299 & 10,999.
3 Variants: 2+64GB, 3+32GB & 4+64GB.
3 Colors: Turquoise Cyan, Atlantic Blue & Iris Purple.
Availability: Available from 15/09/2021 via,
Amazon: Shop Now
9. Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Excellent battery life||- Camera quality could be slightly better|
|+ Great performance||- Display quality could be slightly better|
|+ Great features||- No Type-C Port|
|+ Pretty great display|
|+ Pretty great build|
|+ Very good camera|
1. Product Rating: 8.16/10.
2. VFM Rating: 7.6/10.
3. GadgetGuruBN Rating: 7.88/10.
10. Final Words
Summing up my thoughts the Tecno Spart 8 is a great smartphone at a pretty great price, Also do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
11. Why you should buy this smartphone?
If you are looking for a great smartphone that offers excellent battery life & great performance in the 8K budget than this smartphone might be the best option for you.