Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
Hyundai on 05/11/2020 launched the new i20 2020 [3rd Gen] in India & here are my thoughts about it.
|Image - Hyundai i20 2020|
1. Features [8.6/10]
The i20 comes with excellent features overall and here are some major features across the variants,
- Magna: Central Locking with foldable key, Day/Night inside rear view mirror, Auto door lock & unlock, Front Projector Fog lamps with LED DRL, R15 steel wheel with cover, Fabric seat upholstery, Sunglass holder, Analog instrument cluster with MID, Front seat adjustable headrest,, Fixed front center armrest with storage, 2-DIN 4 speaker with 2 tweeter music system with steering controls for audio & bluetooth, All power windows with auto down for driver, Manual AC with Eco coating, Electric power steering, Electrically adjustable mirrors, Tilt & Telescopic Steering, Rear AC Vents, Glovebox Cooling, Rear USB charger, Electric fuel gate open & Intermittent variable front wiper.
- Sportz: Tire Pressure Monitoring, ESC & HAC optional*, Automatic headlamps, Rear defogger with timer, LED Tail Lamp, Emergency Stop Signal, R16 styled steel wheel, Shark fin antenna, Leather seat upholstery optional*, Metal pedals, Digital TFT instrument cluster with MID, Height adjustable driver seat, 8.0' Touch screen 4 speaker with 2 tweeter music system with Apple carplay, Android auto, Voice recognition, Reverse Camera & DRVM, Electric Fold mirrors with auto fold .
- Asta: Puddle lamps with welcome function, Smart key, Day/Night inside rear view mirror with BlueLink [SOS, RSA, BlueLink] buttons, LED Projector headlamp with cornering lamp with LED DRL & positioning lamp, R16 diamond cut alloy wheel, Ambient blue lighting, Leather wrapped steering wheel & gear knob upholstery, Sliding front center armrest with storage, 10.25' HD AVNT multi device Bluetooth connectivity with Bose Premium 7 speaker [4 speaker with 2 tweeter & sub-woofer] music system with Apple carplay, Android auto, Voice recognition, BlueLink OTA map updates, BlueLink integrated smartwatch app, Reverse Camera, Keyless push button start/stop, Air purifier optional*, Wireless charging with cooling pad, Pinch guard driver side window, All power windows with auto up-down for driver, Auto AC, Rear wiper with washer & Luggage lamp.
- Asta (O): 6 airbags with Electronic Stability Control with Vehicle Stability Management & Hill Assist Control, ISOFIX, Height adjustable front seat belt, Rear seat armrest, Rear seat adjustable headrest, Electric Sunroof & Cruise Control.
To know complete features list across variants check out official brochure: Click here.
*Optional is for Turbo variant.
2. Variety of options [8.5/10]
The i20 comes with excellent variety of options to choose from which means there is a variant of i20 for everyone,
- 4 Variant options: Magna, Sportz, Asta & Asta (O).
- 3 Engine optons: 1.2 L 4Cyl petrol, 1.0 L 3Cyl petrol & 1.5 L 4Cyl diesel.
- 4 Gearbox options: 5/6 Speed MT for petrol/diesel, 5 Speed CVT AT, 6 Speed IMT AT & 7 Speed DCT.
- 6 Single/2 Dual Color options: Polar White, Typoon Silver, Metallic Copper, Starry Night, Titan Grey & Fiery Red single color options along with Polar White & Fiery Red with black roof dual color options.
3. Performance [8.2/10]
Performance of the i20 comes with 3 engine options & overall performance should be great as it features,
- 1.2 L 4Cyl Kappa petrol with 81.86 [MT] / 86.79 [CVT] bhp power @ 6000 rpm & 114.73 nm torque @ 4200 rpm. [7.6/10]
- 1.0 L 3Cyl T-GDi turbo petrol with 118.35 [DCT, iMT] bhp power @ 6000 rpm & 171.61 nm torque @ 1500 - 4000 rpm. [8.1/10]
- 1.5 L 4Cyl U2 CRDi diesel with 98.63 bhp power @ 6000 rpm & 240.26 nm torque @ 1500 - 2750 rpm. [8.9/10]
4. Fuel Efficiency [8/10]
Fuel efficiency of the i20 from all 3 engine options should be pretty great overall and the ARAI along with expected city, highway, combined mileage & combined range is listed below. The fuel tank capacity is 37 lts.
Fuel Efficiency Stats
|1.2 L P-MT||20.35 kmpl||upto 11 kmpl||upto 18 kmpl|
|1.2 L P-CVT||19.65 kmpl||upto 10 kmpl||upto 17.5 kmpl|
|1.0 L TP-IMT||20.25 kmpl||upto 11 kmpl||upto 18 kmpl|
|1.0 L TP-DCT||20.25 kmpl||upto 11 kmpl||upto 18 kmpl|
|1.5 L D-MT||25.2 kmpl||upto 14 kmpl||upto 22 kmpl|
Note:- 1)Mileage Stats give you better understanding of the city & highway mileage which you can expect in real world.
2)Mileage depends on traffic conditions, light / full throttle & right speed at right gear.
3)Based on one's driving & above conditions the mileage will increase / decrease respectively.
5. Interior [7.95/10]
Interior of the all new i20 looks pretty great as it features,
- Premium cabin experience. [9/10]
- Great storage space, Boot space & Excellent cabin space. [8.6/10]
- Very good seats which offer pretty good support & comfort. [7.2/10]
- Very good music system. [7/10]
To see the interior in 360 degree check out official website: Click here.
6. Exterior [7.92/10]
Exterior of the all new i20 looks pretty great as it features,
- Large foot print: 3995 x 1775 x 1505 mm. [9.1/10]
- Great tyre size 185/65 R15 for base & 195/55 R16 for top. [7.8/10]
- Ground clearance: 170 mm & Wheelbase: 2580 mm. [7.6/10]
- Very good build. [7.2/10]
To see the exterior in 360 degree check out official website: Click here.
7. Ride, Handling & Breaking [7.4/10]
The ride, handling & breaking of the i20 should be very good overall as it features.
- Improved chassis [66% Advanced High Strength Steel & High Strength Steel].
- Very good ride & good handling [Very good suspension set-up].
- Good steering feel & feedback.
- Very good breaking [Front disk & rear drum brakes with safety features].
- Pretty great grip [186/65 R15 to 195/55 R16 tyre sizes].
- 1.2 L Petrol Manual: INR 6,79,900 - INR 9,34,900.
- 1.2 L Petrol CVT AT: INR 8,59,900 - INR 9,84,900.
- 1.0 L Turbo Petrol iMT AT: INR 8,79,900 - INR 10,04,900.
- 1.0 L Turbo Petrol DCT AT: INR 10,66,900 - INR 11,32,900.
- 1.5 L Diesel MT: INR 8,19,900 - INR 10,74,900.
Above prices mentioned are Ex-Showroom Karnataka, Bengaluru.
To check variant & state wise Ex-Showroom pricing options check out official price list from Hyundai: Click here.
Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Excellent Features||- Premium price|
|+ Variety of options||- Leather seats limited to turbo variants|
|+ Great overall performance||- No diesel Asta variant|
|+ Great overall mileage||- Ride & handling could be better|
|+ Pretty great exterior and interior||- No Turbo Petrol MT option|
|+ Good Ride & Handling|
1. Product Rating = 8.08/10.
2. VFM Rating = 6.2/10.
3. GadgetGuruBN Rating = 7.16/10.
Note:- 1) Product Rating is given based on all above individual factors.
2) VFM [Value For Money] Rating is given based on device price range.
3) GadgetGuruBN Rating is combination of 1 & 2.
Which variant to choose?
- Petrol Manual: Magna / Sportz 1.2 L.
- Petrol Automatic: Sportz 1.2 L CVT / Sportz 1.0 L iMT.
- Diesel Manual: Magna / Sportz 1.5 L.
Q) What do i feel about Hyundai i20 2020?
A) It's a great car overall at a good price.
Q) So what do you think of the Hyundai i20 2020?
A) Do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
That's it for this one, I hope you found this post helpful to get better idea of what this car is about.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel & follow me on Instagram to show your wonderful support, to stay connected & to never miss future updates.