Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
OnePlus on 22/07/2021 launched the Nord 2 5G which is a flagship android smartphone in India priced at Rs.27,999 while the Pacman edition was launched last week & these are my honest thoughts about it.
Keeping track of all smartphones to compare & buy has never been easy but with "TG's One Link Solution" everything now at your fingertips Click Here to Know More
1. Performance [9/10]
Device comes with Mediatek MT6889Z Dimensity 1200 AI 6nm SOC & runs Android 11 OS with OnePlus's OxygenOS 11.3 interface on top. The overall performance should be excellent as it features,
- 1 ARM-Cortex A78 CPU clocked at 3.0 Ghz, 3 ARM-Cortex A77 CPU clocked at 2.6 Ghz & 4 ARM-Cortex A55 CPU clocked at 2.0 Ghz with Mali-G77 MC9 GPU.
- 6/8/12GB LPDDR4X RAM & 128/256GB UFS 3.1 Storage.
2. Features [8.7/10]
The device comes with excellent features which includes,
- Important sensors: Fingerprint & Gyroscope.
- Connectivity options: Dual-Band WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth 5.2 (LE, aptX, aptX HD, SBC, AAC & LDAC), USB Type-C 2.0 port, NFC, GPS (Dual-Band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS & Beidou) & Dual SIM (dual nano SIM, dual 5G, dual 4G, dual VoLTE, VoWiFi). It misses Micro SD card slot & 3.5mm headphone Jack.
- Audio features: Dual stereo speakers.
3. Battery [8.5/10]
Device comes with Li-Po 4500 mAh battery which supports 65W fast charging. The battery life should be great as it features,
- Adequate battery size.
- 6nm fabrication of the SOC.
- 65W fast charging.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: Upto 8 hrs average.
Battery Life: Upto 2 days average.
4. Display [8.5/10]
Device comes with 6.43 inch display which should offer great quality as it features,
- Super AMOLED panel, 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate & FHD+ [2400 X 1080 pixels] resolution. It also supports HDR10+.
- Excellent 410 ppi sharpness & 20:9 aspect ratio.
5. Camera [8.5/10]
Device comes with  rear cameras with Dual LED flash &  front camera. The overall camera quality [image & video] should be excellent [8.8/10] in day & very good [7.4/10] in night as it features [camera features: 0.4],
- Main: 50MP Sony IMX766 with f/1.88 aperture, 24mm wide-angle lens. 1/1.56" Sensor size, 1.0 Micron pixel, PDAF, OIS & HDR.
- Ultrawide: 8MP with f/2.3 Aperture, 119 degree FOV ultrawide-angle lens.
- Depth: 2MP with f/2.4 aperture.
- Video recording options include 4K [2160p@30fps] & FHD [1080p@30/60/120fps] with gyro-EIS stabilization. It features Pro Mode, Dual view, Portrait Mode, Night Mode & more.
- Front: 32MP Sony IMX615 with f/2.5 Aperture, 1/2.8" Sensor Size, 0.8 Micron Pixel & HDR.
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30fps] with gyro-EIS stabilization.
6. Form Factor [8.2/10]
- Dimensions: 159.1 x 73.3 x 8.2-8.3 mm & Weight: 184-189 gms.
- Build: Corning Gorilla Glass 5 front & back with plastic frame.
7. Box Contents: OnePlus Nord 2 5G [Device itself], 65W Adapter, Case, Screen guard pre applied, Type-C cable, Guides / Paper work, Warranty card & SIM tool.
8. Price, Variants, Colors & Availability
9. Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Excellent performance||- No Macro mode & 3.5mm Jack|
|+ Excellent features||- Display touch sampling rate is only 180hz|
|+ Great battery life||- High premium price for 12+256GB variant|
|+ Great display||- No 4K at 60fps|
|+ Great camera|
|+ Great build|
1. Product Rating: 8.56/10.
2. VFM Rating: 7.7/10.
3. GadgetGuruBN Rating: 8.13/10.
10. Final Words
Summing up my thoughts the OnePlus Nord 2 5G is an great smartphone at an pretty great price, Also do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
11. Why you should buy this smartphone?
If you are looking for a great smartphone with excellent performance & features in the 28K budget than this smartphone might be the best option for you.