Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
Nokia on 04/07/2021 launched the G20 which is a budget android smartphone in India priced at Rs.12,999 & these are my honest thoughts about it.
Keeping track of all smartphones to compare & buy has never been easy but with "TG's One Link Solution" everything now at your fingertips Click Here to Know More
1. Battery [8.6/10]
Device comes with Li-Po 5050 mAh battery which does not supports fast charging but features reverse charging. The battery life should be excellent as it features,
- Bigger battery size.
- 12nm fabrication of the SOC.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: Upto 8 hrs average.
Battery Life: Upto 2 days average.
2. Performance [8.3/10]
Device comes with Mediatek Helio G35 12nm SOC & runs Android 11 OS with Nokia's interface on top. The overall performance should be great as it features,
- 4 ARM-Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 2.3 Ghz & 4 ARM-Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.8 Ghz with PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
- 4GB RAM & 64GB eMMC 5.1 Storage.
3. Features [8.3/10]
The device comes with great features which includes,
- Important sensors: Fingerprint & Gyroscope.
- Connectivity options: Dual-Band WiFi (802.11 b/g/n/), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB Type C 2.0 port, GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS & Beidou), Dual SIM (dual nano SIM, dual 4G, VoLTE, VoWiFi) & Dedicated Micro SD card slot. It also has Google assistant key.
- Audio features: Single speaker & 3.5mm headphone jack.
4. Camera [8.1/10]
Device comes with  rear cameras with LED flash &  front camera. The overall camera quality [image & video] should be great [8.4/10] in day & very good [7.4/10] in night as it features [camera features: 0.3],
- Main: 48MP with f/1.8 aperture, wide-angle lens, PDAF & HDR.
- Ultrawide: 5MP.
- Macro: 2MP.
- Depth: 2MP.
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30fps]. It features Macro Mode, Portrait Mode, Night Mode & more.
- Front: 8MP wide-angle lens.
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30fps].
5. Display [8/10]
Device comes with 6.51 inch display which should offer pretty great quality as it features,
- IPS LCD 60Hz refresh rate panel with HD+ [1600 X 720 pixels] resolution.
- Very good 269 ppi sharpness & 20:9 aspect ratio.
6. Form Factor [8/10]
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 76 x 9.2 mm & Weight: 197 gms.
- Build: Corning Gorilla Glass front, Plastic back & frame.
7. Box Contents: Nokia G20 [Device itself], Adapter, Type-C cable, Guides / Paper work & SIM tool.
9. Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Excellent battery life||- No 5ghz WiFi|
|+ Great performance||- Display quality could be slightly better|
|+ Great features||- Better SOC Could be used|
|+ Great camera||- Camera quality could be slightly better|
|+ Pretty great display||- Slight premium price|
|+ Pretty great build|
1. Product Rating: 8.21/10.
2. VFM Rating: 7.1/10.
3. GadgetGuruBN Rating: 7.65/10.
10. Final Words
Summing up my thoughts the Nokia G20 is a great smartphone at a very good price, Also do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
11. Why you should buy this smartphone?
If you are looking for a great smartphone that offers excellent battery life & great performance in the 13K budget than this smartphone might be the best option for you.