Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
Samsung on 28/04/2021 launched the Galaxy M42 5G which is a upper mid-range android smartphone in India priced at Rs.21,999 [Rs.19,999 Introductory launch price] & these are my honest thoughts about it.
Keeping track of all smartphones to compare & buy has never been easy but with "TG's One Link Solution" everything now at your fingertips Click Here to Know More
1. Battery [8.8/10]
Device comes with Li-Po 5000 mAh battery which supports 15W fast charging. The battery life should be excellent as it features,
- Bigger battery size.
- 8nm fabrication of the SOC.
- 10W fast charging.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: Upto 9 hrs average.
Battery Life: Upto 2 days average.
2. Features [8.7/10]
The device comes with excellent features which includes,
- Important sensors: Fingerprint & Gyroscope.
- Connectivity options: Dual-Band WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 5.0 (A2DP, LE & AAC), NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 port, GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS & Beidou), Hybrid Dual SIM (dual nano SIM, dual 4G, 5G, VoLTE & VoWiFi) & Micro SD card slot. It also features Samsung pay.
- Audio features: Single speaker & 3.5mm headphone jack.
3. Performance [8.7/10]
Device comes with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 750G 8nm SOC & runs Android 11 OS with Samsung's One UI 3.1 interface on top. The overall performance should be excellent as it features,
- 2 Kryo 570 CPU [ARM-Cortex A77] clocked at 2.2 Ghz & 4 Kryo 570 CPU [ARM-Cortex A55] clocked at 1.8 Ghz with Adreno 619 GPU.
- 6/8GB LPDDR4X RAM & 128GB UFS 2.1 Storage.
4. Display [8.2/10]
Device comes with 6.6 inch display which should offer great quality as it features,
- Super AMOLED panel, 60Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate & FHD+ [720 X 1600 pixels] resolution.
- Very good 266 ppi sharpness & 20:9 aspect ratio.
5. Camera [8.2/10]
Device comes with  rear cameras with LED flash &  front camera. The overall camera quality [image & video] should be great [8.4/10] in day & very good [7.2/10] in night as it features [camera features: 0.4],
- Main: 48MP with f/1.8 aperture, 26mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.0" Sensor size, 0.8 Micron pixel, PDAF & HDR.
- Ultrawide: 8MP with f/2.2 Aperture, 123 degree FOV ultrawide-angle lens.
- Macro: 5MP with f/2.4 aperture.
- Depth: 5MP with f/2.4 aperture.
- Video recording options include 4K [2160p@30fps] FHD [1080p@30fps]. It features Macro mode, Portrait Mode, Night Mode & more.
- Front: 20MP with f/2.2 Aperture & HDR.
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30fps].
6. Form Factor [8.2/10]
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 75.9 x 8.6 mm & Weight: 193 gms.
- Build: Corning Gorilla Glass with plastic back & frame.
7. Box Contents: Samsung Galaxy M42 5G [Device itself], 15W Adapter, Type-C cable, Guides / Paper work, Warranty card & SIM tool.
9. Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Excellent battery||- Camera quality could be better|
|+ Excellent features||- No 1080p@60fps video recording|
|+ Excellent performance||- Display resolution could have been FHD+|
|+ Great display|
|+ Great camera|
|+ Great build|
1. Product Rating: 8.46/10.
2. VFM Rating: 7.8/10.
3. GadgetGuruBN Rating: 8.13/10.
10. Final Words
Summing up my thoughts the Samsung Galaxy M42 5G is an great smartphone at an pretty great price, Also do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
11. Why you should buy this smartphone?
If you are looking for a great smartphone with excellent battery life, features & performance in the 22K budget than this smartphone might be the best option for you.