Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
Motorola on 20/04/2021 launched the Moto G40 Fusion which is a midrange android smartphone in India priced at Rs.13,999 & these are my honest thoughts about it.
Keeping track of all smartphones to compare & buy has never been easy but with "TG's One Link Solution" everything now at your fingertips Click Here to Know More
1. Battery [9/10]
Device comes with Li-Po 6000 mAh battery which supports 20W fast charging. The battery life should be excellent as it features,
- Bigger battery size.
- 8nm fabrication of the SOC.
- 20W fast charging.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: Upto 9 hrs average.
Battery Life: Upto 2 days average.
2. Camera [8.5/10]
Device comes with  rear cameras with LED flash &  front camera with LED flash. The overall camera quality [image & video] should be excellent [8.6/10] in day & very good [7.4/10] in night as it features [camera features 0.5],
- Main: 64MP with f/1.7 Aperture, 26mm wide-angle lens, 0.7 micron pixel, PDAF & HDR.
- Ultrawide: 8MP with f/2.2 aperture, ultrawide-angle lens, 118 degree FOV, 1/4.0" sensor size & 1.12 micron pixel.
- Depth: 2MP with f/2.4 Aperture.
- Video recording options include 4K [2160p@30fps] & FHD [1080p@30/60/120fps]. It features Pro mode, Movie Frame, Macro mode, Portrait mode, Night mode, Slow motion mode & more
- Front: 16MP with f/2.2 aperture, wide-angle lens, 1.0 micron pixel & HDR.
- Video recording options include 4K [2160p@30fps] & FHD [1080p@30/60/120fps].
3. Display [8.5/10]
Device comes with 6.8 inch display which should offer great quality as it features,
- IPS LCD 120Hz adaptive refresh rate panel & 240Hz touch sample rate with HD+ [2460 X 1080 pixels] resolution.
- Excellent 395 ppi sharpness, HDR10 & 20:5:9 aspect ratio.
4. Performance [8.5/10]
Device comes with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 732G 8nm SOC & runs Android 11 OS with Motorola's MyUX interface on top. The overall performance should be great as it features,
- 2 Kryo 470 Gold [ARM-Cortex A76] CPU clocked at 2.3 Ghz & 6 Kryo 470 Silver [ARM-Cortex A55] CPU clocked at 1.8 Ghz with Adreno 618 GPU.
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM & 128GB UFS 2.1 Storage.
5. Features [8.5/10]
The device comes with great features which includes,
- Important sensors: Fingerprint & Gyroscope.
- Connectivity options: Dual-Band WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C 2.0 port, GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS & Beidou), NFC, Hybrid Dual SIM (dual nano SIM, dual 4G, VoLTE & VoWiFi) & Micro SD card slot. It also features Google assistant button.
- Audio features: Single speaker & 3.5mm headphone jack.
6. Form Factor [8.2/10]
- Dimensions: 169.6 x 75.9 x 9.7 mm & Weight: 225 gms.
- Build: Corning Gorilla Glass front, Plastic back & frame. It also features water repellent design.
7. Box Contents: Motorola Moto G40 Fusion [Device itself], 20W Adapter, Type-C cable, Case, Guides / Paper work & SIM tool.
8. Price, Variants, Colors & Availability
2 Price: Rs.13,999 & Rs.15,999.
2 Variants: 4+64GB & 6+128GB.
2 Colors: Dynamic Grey & Frosted Champagne.
Availability: Available from 01/05/2021 via,
Flipkart: Shop Now
9. Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Excellent battery||- Slightly better SOC could be used|
|+ Great camera||- No 5G|
|+ Great display||- Super AMOLED panel could've been used|
|+ Great performance|
|+ Great features|
|+ Great build|
1. Product Rating: 8.53/10.
2. VFM Rating: 8/10.
3. GadgetGuruBN Rating: 8.26/10.
10. Final Words
Summing up my thoughts the Motorola Moto G40 Fusion is a great smartphone at a great price, Also do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
11. Why you should buy this smartphone?
If you are looking for a great all-round smartphone with great form factor in the 14K budget than this smartphone might be the best option for you.