Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
Samsung on 11/02/2021 launched the Galaxy M12 which is a budget android smartphone in India priced at Rs.10,999 & these are my honest thoughts about it.
Keeping track of all smartphones to compare & buy has never been easy but with "TG's One Link Solution" everything now at your fingertips Click Here to Know More
1. Battery [9/10]
Device comes with Li-Po 6000 mAh battery which supports 15W fast charging & also features reverse charging. The battery life should be excellent as it features,
- Bigger battery size.
- 8nm fabrication of the SOC.
- 15W fast charging.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: Upto 9:30 hrs average.
Battery Life: Upto 2 days average.
2. Features [8.2/10]
The device comes with great features which includes,
- Important sensors: Fingerprint.
- Connectivity options: Dual-Band WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C 2.0 port, GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS & Beidou), Dual SIM (dual nano SIM, dual 4G, VoLTE & VoWiFi) & Micro SD card slot.
- Audio features: Single speaker & 3.5mm headphone jack.
3. Performance [8.2/10]
Device comes with Samsung's Exynos 850 8nm SOC & runs Android 11 OS with Samsung's One UI 3.1 interface on top. The overall performance should be great as it features,
- 4 ARM-Cortex A55 CPU clocked at 2.0 Ghz & 4 ARM-Cortex A55 CPU clocked at 2.0 Ghz with Mali-G52 GPU.
- 4/6GB RAM & 64/128GB eMMC 5.1 Storage.
4. Camera [8/10]
Device comes with  rear cameras with LED flash &  front camera. The overall camera quality [image & video] should be great [8.5/10] in day & very good [6.9/10] in night as it features [camera features 0.3],
- Main: 48MP with f/2.0 aperture, wide-angle lens, 0.8 micron pixel, 1/2.0" Sensor size, PDAF & HDR.
- Ultrawide: 5MP with f/2.2 aperture, ultrawide-angle lens with 123 degree FOV.
- Macro: 2MP with f/2.4 aperture.
- Depth: 2MP with f/2.4 aperture.
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30fps]. It features macro mode, portrait mode & more
- Front: 8MP with f/2.2 aperture, wide-angle lens.
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30fps].
5. Display [7.9/10]
Device comes with 6.5 inch display which should offer pretty great quality as it features,
- PLS IPS LCD 90Hz refresh rate panel with HD+ [1600 X 720 pixels] resolution.
- Pretty great 270 ppi sharpness & 20:9 aspect ratio.
6. Form Factor [7.9/10]
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.9 x 9.7 mm & Weight: 221 gms.
- Build: Corning Gorilla Glass front, Plastic back & frame.
7. Box Contents: Samsung Galaxy M12 [Device itself], Adapter, Type-C cable, Guides / Paper work & SIM tool.
9. Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Excellent battery life||- No Gyroscope Sensor & NFC|
|+ Great features||- Camera quality could be slightly better|
|+ Great performance||- Display quality could be slightly better|
|+ Great camera||- Slightly better SOC could be used|
|+ Pretty great display|
|+ Pretty great build|
1. Product Rating: 8.18/10.
2. VFM Rating: 7.3/10.
3. GadgetGuruBN Rating: 7.74/10.
10. Final Words
Summing up my thoughts the Samsung galaxy M12 is a great smartphone at a pretty good price, Also do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
11. Why you should buy this smartphone?
If you are looking for a great smartphone that offers Excellent battery, great features & performance in the 11K budget than this smartphone might be the best option for you.