Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
Samsung on 02/02/2021 launched the Galaxy M02 which is a budget android smartphone in India priced at Rs.6,999 & these are my honest thoughts about it.
Keeping track of all smartphones to compare & buy has never been easy but with "TG's One Link Solution" everything now at your fingertips Click Here to Know More
1. Battery [7.9/10]
Device comes with Li-Po 5000 mAh battery which supports 10W fast charging. The battery life should be pretty great as it features,
- Bigger battery size.
- 28nm fabrication of the SOC.
- 10W fast charging.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: Upto 6:45 hrs average.
Battery Life: Upto 2 days average.
2. Features [7.7/10]
The device comes with pretty great features which includes,
- Important sensors: Doesn't come with any important sensors like the fingerprint but comes with accelerometer, light & proximity sensors
- Connectivity options: WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.2, Micro USB 2.0 port, GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS & Beidou), Dual SIM (dual nano SIM, dual 4G, VoLTE) & dedicated Micro SD card slot.
- Audio features: Single speaker & 3.5mm headphone jack.
3. Display [7.5/10]
Device comes with 6.5 inch display which should offer pretty great quality as it features,
- PLS IPS LCD 60Hz refresh rate panel with HD+ [1600 X 720 pixels] resolution.
- Pretty great 270 ppi sharpness & 20:9 aspect ratio.
4. Form Factor [7.5/10]
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.9 x 9.1 mm & Weight: 206 gms.
- Build: Corning Gorilla Glass front, Plastic back & frame.
5. Camera [7.4/10]
Device comes with  rear cameras with LED flash &  front camera. The overall camera quality [image & video] should be great [8.1/10] in day & good [6.3/10] in night as it features [camera features 0.2],
- Main: 13MP with f/1.9 aperture, wide-angle lens & AF.
- Macro: 2MP with f/2.4 aperture.
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30fps]. It features macro mode & more
- Front: 5MP with f/2.0 aperture, wide-angle lens.
- Video recording options include HD [720p@30fps].
6. Performance [7.3/10]
Device comes with Mediatek MT6739W 28nm SOC & runs Android 10 OS with Samsung's One UI 2.0 interface on top. The overall performance should be very good as it features,
- 4 ARM-Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.5 Ghz with PowerVR GE8100 GPU.
- 2/3GB LPDDR4X RAM & 32GB eMMC 5.1 Storage.
7. Box Contents: Samsung Galaxy M02 [Device itself], Adapter, Type-C cable, Guides / Paper work & SIM tool.
9. Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Pretty great battery life||- No fingerprint sensor|
|+ Pretty great features||- Better SOC could be used|
|+ Pretty great display||- Display quality could be slightly better|
|+ Pretty great build||- Camera quality could be slightly better|
|+ Pretty great camera|
|+ Pretty great performance|
1. Product Rating: 7.55/10.
2. VFM Rating: 7.2/10.
3. GadgetGuruBN Rating: 7.37/10.
10. Final Words
Summing up my thoughts the Samsung galaxy M02 is a very good smartphone at a very good price, Also do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
11. Why you should buy this smartphone?
If you are looking for a very good smartphone that offers pretty great battery life and big screen in the 7K budget than this smartphone might be the best option for you.