Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
Xiaomi on 02/02/2021 launched the Poco M3 which is a budget android smartphone in India priced at Rs.10,999 & these are my honest thoughts about it.
Keeping track of all smartphones to compare & buy has never been easy but with "TG's One Link Solution" everything now at your fingertips Click Here to Know More
1. Battery [8.8/10]
Device comes with Li-Po 6000 mAh battery which supports 18W fast charging & also features reverse charging. The battery life should be excellent as it features,
- Bigger battery size.
- 11nm fabrication of the SOC.
- 18W fast charging.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: Upto 8 hrs average.
Battery Life: Upto 2 days average.
2. Features [8.8/10]
The device comes with excellent features which includes,
- Important sensors: Fingerprint.
- Connectivity options: Dual-Band WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 5.0, IR Blaster, USB Type-C 2.0 port, GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS & Beidou), Dual SIM (dual nano SIM, dual 4G, dual VoLTE & VoWiFi) & dedicated Micro SD card slot.
- Audio features: Dual stereo speakers & 3.5mm headphone jack
2. Performance [8.4/10]
Device comes with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 662 11nm SOC & runs Android 10 OS with Xiaomi's MIUI 12.0 interface on top. The overall performance should be great as it features,
- 4 Kryo 260 Gold [ARM-Cortex A73] CPU clocked at 2.0 Ghz & 4 Kryo 260 Silver [ARM-Cortex A53] CPU clocked at 1.8 Ghz with Adreno 610 950 Mhz GPU.
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM & 64GB UFS 2.1 / 128GB UFS 2.2 Storage.
3. Display [8.3/10]
Device comes with 6.53 inch display which should offer great quality as it features,
- IPS LCD 60Hz refresh rate panel with FHD+ [2340 X 1080 pixels] resolution.
- Great 395 ppi sharpness, 400 nits brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio & 19:5:9 aspect ratio.
5. Camera [8/10]
Device comes with  rear cameras with LED flash &  front camera. The overall camera quality [image & video] should be great [8.5/10] in day & pretty good [6.9/10] in night as it features [camera features 0.3],
- Main: 48MP with f/1.8 Aperture, 27mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.0" sensor size, 0.8 micron pixel, PDAF & HDR.
- Macro: 2MP with f/2.4 aperture & 1.75 micron pixel.
- Depth: 2MP with f/2.4 aperture & 1.75 micron pixel.
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30fps]. It features Macro mode, Portrait mode, Night mode, Movie frame & more
- Front: 8MP with f/2.1 aperture, wide-angle lens, 1/4.0" sensor size, 1.12 micron pixel & HDR.
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30fps].
6.. Form Factor [8/10]
- Dimensions: 162.3 x 77.3 x 9.6 mm & Weight: 198 gms.
- Build: Corning Gorilla Glass 3 front, Plastic back & frame.
7. Box Contents: Poco M3 [Device itself], Adapter, Type-C cable, Guides / Paper work, Case & SIM tool.
8. Price, Variants, Colors & Availability
2 Price: Rs.10,999 & Rs.11,999.
2 Variants: 6+64GB & 6+128GB.
3 Colors: Cool Blue, Power Black & Poco Yellow.
Availability: Available from 09/02/2021 via,
Flipkart: Shop Now
Launch Offer: Rs.1000 Instant discount on ICICI bank cards.
9. Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Excellent battery life||- No gyroscope sensor / NFC|
|+ Great performance||- No ultrawide camera|
|+ Great display||- Slightly better SOC could be used|
|+ Great features|
|+ Pretty great camera|
|+ Pretty great build|
1. Product Rating: 8.38/10.
2. VFM Rating: 8.3/10.
3. GadgetGuruBN Rating: 8.34/10.
10. Final Words
Summing up my thoughts the Poco M3 is a great smartphone at a great price, Also do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
11. Why you should buy this smartphone?
If you are looking for a great all-round smartphone that offers excellent battery life in the 11K budget than this smartphone might be the best option for you.