Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
Lava on 07/01/2021 launched the Z2 which is a budget android smartphone in India priced at Rs.6,999 & these are my honest thoughts about it.
Customize your Lava Z series smartphone just the way you want under the MyZ Program Click Here to Know More
Keeping track of all smartphones to compare & buy has never been easy but with "TG's One Link Solution" everything now at your fingertips Click Here to Know More
1. Battery [8.4/10]
Device comes with Li-Po 5000 mAh battery which does not support fast charging. The battery life should be pretty great as it features,
- Bigger battery size.
- 12nm fabrication of the SOC.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: Upto 7:30 hrs average.
Battery Life: Upto 2 days average.
2. Performance [8.3/10]
Device comes with Mediatek Helio G35 12nm SOC & runs Android 10 Go Edition OS with stock android interface on top. The overall performance should be great as it features,
- 4 ARM-Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 2.3 Ghz & 4 ARM-Cortex A53 CPU clocked at 1.8 Ghz with PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
- 2GB RAM & 32GB eMMC 5.1 Storage.
3. Features [8.3/10]
The device comes with great features which includes,
- Important sensors: Fingerprint.
- Connectivity options: Single-Band WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 5.0 (A2DP & LE), USB Type-C port, GPS (A-GPS), Dual SIM (dual nano SIM, dual 4G, VoLTE) & dedicated Micro SD card slot.
- Audio features: Single speaker & 3.5mm headphone jack.
4. Form Factor [8/10]
- Dimensions: 164.5 x 75.8 x 9 mm & Weight: 190 gms.
- Build: Corning Gorilla Glass 3 front, Plastic back & frame.
5. Display [7.9/10]
Device comes with 6.51 inch display which should offer pretty great quality as it features,
- IPS LCD 60Hz refresh rate panel with HD+ [720 X 1600 pixels] resolution.
- Pretty good 263 ppi sharpness & 20:9 aspect ratio.
6. Camera [7.7/10]
Device comes with  rear cameras with LED flash &  front camera with LED flash. The overall camera quality [image & video] should be great [8.2/10] in day & pretty good [6.6/10] in night as it features [camera features 0.3],
- Main: 13MP with f/1.85 aperture, wide-angle lens, 1.12 micron pixel, 1/3.06" sensor size, AF & HDR.
- Depth: 2MP with f/2.4 aperture.
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30fps]. It features Beauty mode, Burst mode, Slow motion mode, AI scene detection, Night mode & Portrait mode.
- Front: 8MP with f/2.0 aperture, wide-angle lens, 1.12 micron pixel & FF.
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30fps].
7. Box Contents: Lava Z2 [Device itself], Adapter, USB Type-C cable, Sim Tool & Case.
9. Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Great battery||- Camera quality could be slightly better|
|+ Great performance||- Display quality could be slightly better|
|+ Great features||- No fast charging|
|+ Pretty great build||- No proximity sensor|
|+ Pretty great display|
|+ Pretty good camera|
1. Product Rating: 8.1/10.
2. VFM Rating: 7.2/10.
3. GadgetGuruBN Rating: 7.65/10.
10. Final Words
Summing up my thoughts the Lava Z2 is a great smartphone at a very good price, Also do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
11. Why you should buy this smartphone?
If you are looking for a great smartphone that offers great battery, performance & features in the 7K budget than this smartphone might be the best option for you.