Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
Samsung on 14/01/2021 launched the Galaxy S21 5G which is a flagship android smartphone in India priced at Rs.69,999 & this is my honest review and what i feel after using both the Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus & S21 Ultra which I had posted review video on my ABN World YouTube Channel so do to watch them,
Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus Review: Watch Now
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Review: Watch Now
Keeping track of all smartphones to compare & buy has never been easy but with "TG's One Link Solution" everything now at your fingertips Click Here to Know More
1. Form Factor [9/10]
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 71.2 x 7.9 mm & Weight: 169gms.
- Build: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus front & Gorilla Glass back with metal frame. It also features IP68 certification for dust and water resistance. The overall build quality should be excellent & should offer excellent in-hand feel similar to the Galaxy S21 Plus.
2. Features [8.9/10]
The device comes with excellent features similar to Galaxy S21 Plus which includes,
- Important sensors: Fingerprint & Gyroscope. The in-display fingerprint scanner should work very well similar to Galaxy S21 Plus.
- Connectivity options: Dual-Band WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 5.0 (A2DP, LE, AAC & LDAC), NFC, 5G, USB Type-C 3.2 port, GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS & Beidou), Dual SIM (dual nano SIM, dual 4G, dual VoLTE & VoWiFi), Samsung Pay, Samsung Dex & Bixby Assistant.
- Audio features: Dual Stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos support. The audio quality should be overall great from the stereo speakers as well as via Bluetooth earphones similar to Galaxy S21 Plus.
3. Display [8.8/10]
Device comes with 6.2 inch display which should offer excellent quality as it features,
- Super AMOLED panel with FHD+ [2400 X 1080 pixels] resolution.
- 120Hz Adaptive [48 to 120] Hz refresh rate & HDR10+ support.
- Great 421 ppi sharpness & 20:9 aspect ratio.
- It should offer great colors, contrast, dynamic range & excellent sunlight visibility as well similar to the Galaxy S21 Plus.
4. Performance [8.7/10]
Device comes with Samsung's Exynos 2100 5nm SOC & runs Android 11 OS with Samsung's One UI 3.1 interface on top, which includes an app drawer with Samsung specific apps out of which some can be uninstalled. The overall performance should be excellent as it features,
- 1 ARM-Cortex X1 CPU clocked at 2.9 Ghz, 4 ARM-Cortex A78 CPU clocked at 2.8 Ghz & 4 ARM-Cortex A55 CPU clocked at 2.2 Ghz with Mali-G78 MP14 GPU.
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM & 128/256GB UFS 3.1 storage.
- The web browsing performance, general performance, multitasking & gaming performance is excellent also the RAM management should be great but could have been better similar to Galaxy S21 Plus.
5. Camera [8.6/10]
Device comes with  rear cameras with LED flash &  front camera. The overall camera quality [image & video] should be excellent [9/10] in day & pretty good [7/10] in night similar to Galaxy S21 Plus as it features [camera features: 0.6],
- Main: 12MP with f/1.8 aperture, 26mm wide-angle lens, 1.8 micron pixel, 1/1.76" sensor size, dual-pixel PDAF & auto HDR.
- Telephoto: 64MP with f/2.0 aperture, 29mm telephoto lens, 0.8 micron pixel, 1/1.72" sensor size, PDAF & OIS.
- Ultrawide: 12MP with f/2.2 aperture, 13mm ultrawide-angle lens with 120 degree FOV, 1.4 micron pixel & 1/2.55" Sensor size.
- Video recording options include 8K [4320p@24fps], 4K [2160p@30/60fps], FHD [1080p@30/60/120/240fps] & HD [720p@120/240/960fps] with Super Steady image stabilization option. It also features Slow Motion & Super Slow Motion, Photo/Video Pro & more.
- Front: 10MP with f/2.2 aperture, 26mm lens, 1.22 micron pixel, 1/3.24' sensor size, dual-pixel PDAF & auto HDR.
- Video recording options include 4K [2160p@30/60fps] & FHD [1080p@30/60fps]. It also features Slow Motion & Super Slow Motion & more.
6. Battery [7.5/10]
Device comes with Li-Po 4000 mAh battery which supports 25W fast charging, 15W wireless charging, 4.5W reverse wireless charging & USB Power Delivery 3.0 protocol support. The battery life should be very good as it features,
- Adequate battery size.
- 5nm fabrication of the SOC.
- 25W fast charging.
- The battery life should be very good but little lesser than S21 Plus as this features lesser battery capacity but still the battery life could definitely better considering the battery capacity.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: Upto 5:15 hrs average.
Battery Life: Upto 1.5 days average.
7. Box Contents: Samsung Galaxy S21 5G [Device itself], Type-C cable & SIM tool.
8. Price, Variants, Colors & Availability
2 Price: Rs.69,999 & Rs.73,999.
2 Variants: 8+128GB & 8+256GB.
4 Colors: Phantom Violet, Phantom White, Phantom Gray & Phantom Pink.
Availability: Will be available from 29/01/2021 via,
Launch Offer: Pre-Order Benifits worth Rs.9,000.
9. Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Compact form factor with excellent build||- Slight premium price|
|+ Excellent features||- Battery life could be better|
|+ Excellent display||- RAM management could be better|
|+ Excellent performance||- Ultrawide cam lacks AF|
|+ Excellent camera||- Low light camera performance could be better|
|+ Very good battery life|
1. Product Rating: 8.58/10.
2. VFM Rating: 6.8/10.
3. GadgetGuruBN Rating: 7.69/10.
10. Final Words
Summing up my thoughts the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is a excellent smartphone at a pretty good price, Also do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
11. Why you should buy this smartphone?
If you are looking for a great flagship smartphone with compact form factor in the 70K budget than this smartphone might be the best option for you.