Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
Vivo on 07/12/2020 launched the Y51 mid-range Smartphone in India priced at Rs.17,990.
Before we get started with this review, Subscribe to my YouTube Channel & follow me on Instagram to never miss future updates, Let's dive in.
1. Battery [8.5/10]
Device comes with 5000 mAh Battery which supports 18W fast charging & reverse charging as well. The battery life should be great as it features,
- Battery size.
- Efficient 11nm SOC.
- 18W fast charging.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: upto 7:45 hrs Avg.
Battery Life: upto 2 days Avg.
Note:- 1)Battery Life Stats give you better understanding of the screen on time and battery life which you can expect in real world.
2)Battery life depends on one's usage [light / medium / heavy], task [video watching / gaming / camera] & network [WiFi / 5G / 4G / 3G].
3)Based on one's usage, task & network above SOT & Battery Life will increase / decrease respectively.
2. Performance [8/10]
Device comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 665G SOC & runs Android 11 OS with custom android Funtouch 11 interface on top. The overall performance should be pretty great as it features,
- 4 Kryo 260 Gold [ARM-Cortex A73] clocked at 2.0 Ghz & 4 Kryo 260 Silver [ARM-Cortex A53] clocked at 1.8 Ghz.
- Adreno 610 GPU.
- Efficient 11nm SOC fabrication process.
- 8GB RAM & 128GB storage.
3. Camera [8/10]
Device comes with  rear cameras with LED flash &  front camera. The overall The camera quality [image & video] should be pretty great in day & good in night as it features,
- 48MP Rear Main [f/1.8 Aperture, 26mm wide lens, 0.8 micron pixel, 1/2.0' Sensor Size, PDAF, HDR].
- 8MP Ultrawide [f/2.2 Aperture, 120 degree FOV ultrawide lens, 1/4.0' Sensor Size, 1.12 micron pixel].
- 2MP Macro [f/2.4 Aperture].
- Video recording options include 4K [2160p@30fps] & upto FHD [1080p@30fps] with gyro-EIS Stabilization.
- 16MP Front [f/2.0 Aperture, wide lens, 1/3.06' Sensor Size, 1.0 micron pixel].
- Video recording options include upto FHD [1080p@30fps].
4. Display [7.9/10]
Device comes with 6.58 inch display which should offer pretty great quality as it features,
- 60Hz IPS Panel with Display P3 color space.
- FHD+ [2408 X 1080 pixels] resolution.
- 415 ppi.
- 21:9 aspect ratio.
5. Features [7.6/10]
The device comes with pretty great features which include,
- Important sensors [Fingerprint & Gyroscope].
- Connectivity options [dual-band WiFi (2.4 Ghz, 5 Ghz), Bluetooth 5.0 (A2DP, LE), USB Type-C 2.0 port, GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS & BDS), dual SIM (dual nano SIM, dual 4G with dual VoLTE)].
- Audio features [Single speaker & 3.5mm headphone jack] & also supports Audio booster.
6. Form Factor [7.2/10]
- Dimensions [163.86 x 75.32 x 8.38 mm] & Weight [188g].
- Build [Glass front with plastic back & frame].
7. SAR Values = Head: 1.02W/Kg [at 1g] & Body: 0.30W/Kg [at 1g].
8. Box Contents = Vivo Y51 [Device itself], Charger, USB cable, Case, Screen Guard pre-applied, Sim Tool & Guides / Paper work.
9. Price, Variants, Colors & Availability
Price  = Rs.17,990.
Variants  = 8+128GB.
Colors  = Crystal Symphony & Titanium Sapphire.
10. Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Great Battery Life||- No 90Hz refresh rate|
|+ Pretty Great Performance||- Better SOC could be used|
|+ Pretty Great Camera||- Slight Premium Price|
|+ Pretty Great Display|
|+ Pretty Great Features|
1. Product Rating = 7.86/10.
2. VFM Rating = 6.8/10.
3. GadgetGuruBN Rating = 7.33/10.
Note:- 1)Product Rating is given based on all above individual factors.
2)VFM [Value For Money] Rating is given based on device price range.
3) GadgetGuruBN Rating is combination of 1 & 2.
11. Final Words
Q) What do i feel about Vivo Y51?
A) It's a pretty great smartphone at a pretty good price.
Q) So what do you think of the Vivo Y51?
A) Do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
12. Why you should buy this smartphone?
If you are looking a smartphone with great battery & the rest pretty great with 18K budget than this smartphone might be the pretty good option for you.