Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
Tecno on 04/12/2020 launched the Pova budget Smartphone in India priced at Rs.9,999.
Before we get started with this review, Subscribe to my YouTube Channel & follow me on Instagram to never miss future updates, Let's dive in.
1. Battery [8.8/10]
Device comes with 6000 mAh Battery which supports 18W fast charging. The battery life should be excellent as it features,
- Battery size.
- Efficient 12nm SOC.
- 18W fast charging.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: upto 8:45 hrs Avg.
Battery Life: upto 2 days Avg.
Note:- 1)Battery Life Stats give you better understanding of the screen on time and battery life which you can expect in real world.
2)Battery life depends on one's usage [light / medium / heavy], task [video watching / gaming / camera] & network [WiFi / 5G / 4G / 3G].
3)Based on one's usage, task & network above SOT & Battery Life will increase / decrease respectively.
2. Performance [8.3/10]
Device comes with Mediatek Helio G80 SOC & runs Android 10 OS with custom HIOS interface on top. The overall performance should be great as it features,
- 2 ARM-Cortex A75 clocked at 2.0 Ghz & 6 ARM-Cortex A55 clocked at 1.8 Ghz.
- Mali-G52 MC2 950 Mhz GPU.
- HD+ Resolution.
- Efficient 12nm SOC fabrication process.
- Upto 6GB RAM & Upto 128GB storage.
3. Display [7.8/10]
Device comes with 6.8 inch display which should offer pretty great quality as it features,
- 60Hz IPS Panel.
- HD+ [1640 X 720 pixels] resolution.
- 263 ppi.
- 480 nits Brightness.
- 20:5:9 aspect ratio.
4. Camera [7.6/10]
Device comes with  rear cameras with quad-LED flash &  front camera with dual-LED flash. The overall The camera quality [image & video] should be pretty great in day & good in night as it features,
- 16MP Rear Main [f/1.85 Aperture, wide lens, PDAF, HDR].
- 2MP Macro [f/2.4 Aperture].
- 2MP Depth [f/2.4 Aperture].
- AI Lens Camera [Unknown].
- Video recording options include QHD [1440p@30fps] & upto FHD [1080p@30fps].
- 8MP front Main [f/2.0 Aperture, wide lens, HDR].
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30/60fps].
5. Features [7.6/10]
The device comes with pretty great features which include,
- Important sensors [Fingerprint & Gyroscope].
- Connectivity options [dual-band WiFi (2.4 Ghz & 5Ghz), Bluetooth 5.0 (A2DP, LE), Micro USB port, GPS (A-GPS), dual SIM (dual nano SIM, dual 4G with dual VoLTE, VoWiFi)] & Dedicated MicroSD card slot.
- Audio features [Single speaker & 3.5mm headphone jack] & DTS surround sound enhancement.
6. Form Factor [7.2/10]
- Dimensions [171.23 x 77.57 x 9.4 mm] & Weight [215.5g].
- Build [Glass front, plastic back & frame].
7. SAR Values = Head: 1.039W/Kg [at 1g] & Body: 1.145W/Kg [at 1g].
8. Box Contents = Tecno Pova [Device itself], Charger, USB cable, TPU Case, Sim Tool, Guides / Paper work & Warranty card.
9. Price, Variants, Colors & Availability
Price  = Rs.9,999 & Rs.11,999.
Variants  = 4+64GB & 6+128GB.
Colors  = Dazzle Black, Magic Blue & Speed Purple.
Availability = Available from 11/12/2020 via Flipkart = Shop Now
10. Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Excellent Battery Life||- Micro USB Port|
|+ Great Performance||- Better cameras could've been used|
|+ Pretty Great Display||- Display Resolution could've been FHD+|
|+ Pretty Great Camera|
|+ Pretty Great Features|
1. Product Rating = 7.88/10.
2. VFM Rating = 7.4/10.
3. GadgetGuruBN Rating = 7.64/10.
Note:- 1)Product Rating is given based on all above individual factors.
2)VFM [Value For Money] Rating is given based on device price range.
3) GadgetGuruBN Rating is combination of 1 & 2.
11. Final Words
Q) What do i feel about Tecno Pova?
A) It's a pretty great smartphone at a very good price.
Q) So what do you think of the Tecno Pova?
A) Do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
12. Why you should buy this smartphone?
If you are looking smartphone with excellent battery life, great performance & big screen with 10K budget than this smartphone might be the pretty great option for you.