Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
Qualcomm on 01/12/2020 announced the all new snapdragon 888 & here are top features you need to know.
So before we get started make sure to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel & follow me on Instagram to show your wonderful support, to stay connected & to never miss future updates. Let's dive in.
QUALCOMM SNAPDRAGON 888 - TOP FEATURES
The display supports resolution of 4K [2160p] with 60Hz refresh rate & QHD+ [1440p] with 144Hz refresh rate.
The SOC [System On Chip] built on latest 5nm technology fabrication process. It supports USB version 3.1 Type C & 16GB LPDDR5 RAM [3200 Mhz].
3. Processor [CPU]
Processing duties are taken care by 64-Bit Kryo 680 CPU based on brand new ARM-Cortex X1 Architecture technology clocked at 2.84Ghz. Also it's capable of performing 26 TOPS [Trillion Operations Per second] which is Insanely fast and definitely a segment leader when it comes to number of TOPS.
4. Graphics [GPU]
Graphics duties are taken care by Adreno 660 GPU which features,
- Vulkan 1.1, OpenGL ES 3.2, & OpenCL 2.0 FP API support.
- Hardware-accelerated H.265 & VP9 decoder & Physical Based Rendering.
- 10-Bit Color Depth HDR10 Gaming with Rec.2020 Color Gamut.
- HDR [HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vison & HLG] playback Codec Support.
Camera with respect to image & Video duties are taken care by brand new ISP [Image Signal Processor] which features,
- Qualcomm Spectra 680 Triple 14-Bit ISP's
- Upto 2.7 Gigapixel per second computer vision ISP.
- Upto 200MP image capture.
- Upto 28MP Triple / 64+25MP Dual / 84MP Single camera at 30FPS with Zero Shutter Lag.
- 10-Bit Color Depth with Rec.2020 Color Gamut for Image & Video. It also features 10-Bit HDR HEIF Image capture.
- Features 8K@30FPS Video recording, 4K Video recording with 64MP Image Capture, 4K@120FPS, 4K HDR with Bokeh Video recording & Slow Motion 720P@960FPS.
- Other features include MFNR [Multi Frame Noise Reduction], Real time object classification, Segmentation & Replacement, Low Light photography architecture, Video Super Resolution, AI based AF & AE and Advanced HW-Based face detection with deep learning filter.
6. Connectivity & Audio Features
Connectivity & audio features include,
- Snapdragon X60 5G RF-Modem system with 5G mmWave, Sub-6 Ghz, Standalone [SA], non-standalone [NSA], FDD & TDD modes.
- FastConnect 6900 WiFi System with WiFi 6E/6/5 Standards with 2.4/5/6Ghz Bands, 20/40/80/160 Mhz channel utilization, 8-stream sounding for 8x8 MU-MIMO, 2-stream MIMO configuration & simultaneous dual-band [2x2 + 2x2].
- Bluetooth 5.2 Low Energy with Dual Bluetooth antennas, Qualcomm aptX & True Wireless Mirroring.
- Location features include GPS with Dual Frequency [L1/L2], Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS & NavIC Capable, Side walk/lane-level & Sensor assisted positioning
- Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec upto WCD9385, Hexagon voice assistant accelerator for hardware assisted voice signal processing, THD+N Playback upto -108dB, Native DSD & PCM 384Khz/32-Bit & New Qualcomm aqstic smart speaker amplifier upto WSA8835
7. AI [Artificial Intelligence]
AI features includes,
- AI Based Kryo 680 CPU, Adreno 660 GPU, Hexagon 780 Processor & 2nd Gen Qualcomm sensing Hub.
Security features include,
- Qualcomm 3D Sonic Sensor & Qualcomm 3D Sonic Max Fingerprint Sensor.
- Qualcomm Type H1 Hypervisor, Qualcomm WES [Wireless Edge Service] & SPU [Secure Processing Unit].
That's it for this one, I hope you found this post helpful to get better idea of what this new Snapdragon 888 SOC is about. Also find more about Snapdragon 888 SOC on Qualcomm official site - Click here to visit