Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
LG on 28/10/2020 launched the LG Wing smartphone in India & here are top 5 things you need to know.
Before we get started make sure to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel & follow me on Instagram to show your wonderful support, to stay connected & to never miss future updates. Let's dive in.
Top 5 Things
1. Form Factor [9/10]
Device comes with unique form factor which is its main USP [Unique Selling Point] as it features,
- Unique Rotatable Swivel Design [Use 2 screens, 1 horizontal & 1 vertical view].
- Dimensions [169.5 x 74.5 x 10.9 mm].
- Weight [260g].
- Build [Glass front & back with aluminum frame]. It also comes with IP54 certification for Dust & Water Resistance and MIL STD-810G certification.
2. Display [8.3/10]
Device comes with 6.8 inch & 3.9 inch dual display which should offer great quality as it features,
- Primary Rotating P-OLED panel & secondary G-OLED panel.
- Primary FHD+ [2400 x 1080 pixels] & secondary FHD+ [1240 x 1080 pixels] resolution.
- Primary 395 ppi & secondary 421 ppi [great sharpness].
- Primary 20:5:9 aspect ratio for [cinematic viewing].
3. Camera [8.2/10]
Device comes with  rear cameras with LED flash &  front camera. The overall The camera quality [image & video] should be great in day & pretty good in night as it features,
- 64MP Main [f/1.8 Aperture, 26mm wide lens, 0.8 micron pixel, 1/1.72' Sensor size, PDAF, OIS, HDR].
- 13MP Ultrawide [f/2.9 Aperture, ultrawide lens, 117 degree FOV, 1.0 micron pixel, 1/3.4' Sensor size].
- 12MP Ultrawide [f/2.2 Aperture, ultrawide lens, 120 degree FOV, 1.4 micron pixel, 1/2.55' Sensor size].
- Video recording options include 4K [2160p@30/60fps] & FHD [1080p@30/60fps] with gyro-EIS image stabilization option. It features Gimbal mode & Dual video recording.
- 32MP Motorized Pop-up Front [f/1.9 Aperture, 26mm wide lens, 0.8 micron pixel, 1/2.8' Sensor size, HDR].
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30fps] with gyro-EIS image stabilization option.
4. Battery [8/10]
Device comes with 4000 mAh Li-Po Battery which supports Quick charge 4.0+ & Wireless charging. The battery life should be great as it features,
- Adequate battery size.
- Excellent efficiency of 7nm+ fabrication of the SOC.
- 6 efficient ARM-Cortex A55 cores clocked at 1.8Ghz.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: upto 6 hrs Avg.
Battery Life: upto 1.5 days Avg.
Note:- 1)Battery Life Stats give you better understanding of the screen on time and battery life which you can expect in real world.
2)Battery life depends on one's usage [light / medium / heavy], task [video watching / gaming / camera] & network [WiFi / 5G / 4G / 3G].
3)Based on one's usage, task & network above SOT & Battery Life will increase / decrease respectively.
5. Performance [7.5/10]
Device comes with Snapdragon 765G [1+1+6] SOC & runs Android 10 OS with custom LG interface on top. The overall performance should be pretty great as it features,
- 1 Kryo 475 Prime [ARM-Cortex A76] cores clocked at 2.4 Ghz, 1 Kryo 475 Gold [ARM-Cortex A76] cores clocked at 2.2 Ghz & 6 Kryo 475 Silver [ARM-Cortex A55] cores clocked at 1.8 Ghz [pretty great performance].
- Adreno 620 GPU [pretty great for gaming].
- 7nm SOC fabrication process [Excellent efficiency].
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM [Excellent for Multitasking] & upto 128GB UFS 2.1 storage [Very good read/write speeds].
1. Features [7.5/10]
The device comes with pretty great features which include
- Important sensors [Fingerprint & Gyroscope].
- Connectivity options [Dual-Band WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 5.1 (A2DP, LE, aptX), NFC, USB Type-C 3.1 port, GPS (Dual-Band A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou & BDS), Dual SIM (dual nano SIM, 5G, dual 4G, dual VoLTE & VoWiFi)] & Dedicated Micro SD card slot.
- Audio features [Single speakers & LG 3D sound engine]. It misses out on 3.5mm headphone jack.
2. SAR Values = Head: 1.080W/Kg [at 1g] & Body: 0.506W/Kg [at 1g].
3. Box Contents = LG Wing [Device itself], Adapter, USB Type C cable, Guides / Paper work, Warranty card & SIM tool.
Price, Variants, Colors & Availability
Price  = INR 69,990.
Variants  = 8+128GB.
Colors  = Illusion Sky.
Availability = Expected to be available from 30/11/2020 via Flipkart = Shop Now
Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Unique Form Factor||- No 3.5mm headphone jack|
|+ Great Display||- Better SOC could be used|
|+ Great Dual Camera with Gimbal mode||- 60 Hz refresh rate|
|+ Great Battery Life||- No HDR display support|
|+ Pretty Great||- High premium pricing|
|+ MIL STD 810G & IP54 Rating|
1. Product Rating = 8.18/10.
2. VFM Rating = 5.1/10.
3. GadgetGuruBN Rating = 6.64/10.
Note:- 1)Product Rating is given based on all above individual factors.
2)VFM [Value For Money] Rating is given based on device price range.
3) GadgetGuruBN Rating is combination of 1 & 2.
Q) What do i feel about LG Wing?
A) It's a great smartphone for [light / medium / heavy] usage at a high premium price.
Q) So what do you think of LG Wing?
A) Do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
That's it for this one, I hope you found this post helpful to get better idea of what this smartphone is about.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel & follow me on Instagram to show your wonderful support, to stay connected & to never miss future updates.
As always stay awesome & have a great day.