Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
LG on 28/10/2020 launched the Velvet Dual Screen Smartphone in India & here are top 4 things you need to know.
Before we get started make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel (Click here to visit ABN World) & follow me on Instagram (Click here to visit arun_bn) to show your wonderful support, to stay connected & to never miss future updates!. Let's dive in.
Top 4 Things
1. Battery [8/10]
Device comes with 4300 mAh Battery which supports 30W Fast Charging. The battery life should be great as it features,
- Bigger battery size.
- Excellent efficiency of 10nm+ fabrication of the SOC.
- 4 efficient ARM-Cortex A55 cores clocked at 1.8Ghz.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: upto 6:30 hrs Avg.
Battery Life: upto 1.5 days Avg.
Note:- 1)Battery Life Stats give you better understanding of the screen on time and battery life which you can expect in real world.
2)Battery life depends on one's usage [light / medium / heavy], task [video watching / gaming / camera] & network [WiFi / 4G / 3G].
3)Based on one's usage, task & network above SOT & Battery Life will increase / decrease respectively.
2. Performance [7.8/10]
Device comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 [4+4] SOC & runs Android 10 OS with custom LG UX 9 interface on top. The overall performance should be pretty great as it features,
- 4 Kryo 385 Gold [ARM-Cortex A75] cores clocked at 2.8 Ghz & 4 Kryo 385 Gold [ARM-Cortex A55] cores clocked at 1.8 Ghz [Pretty Great performance].
- Adreno 630 GPU [Pretty Great for gaming].
- 10nm+ SOC fabrication process [Pretty Great efficiency].
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM [Great for Multitasking] & 128GB UFS 2.1 [Very Good Read/Write Speeds] storage.
3. Display [7.8/10]
Device comes with 6.8 inch dual display which should offer pretty great quality as it features,
- P-OLED Panel.
- FHD+ [2460 X 1080 pixels] resolution.
- 395 ppi [great sharpness].
- 20:5:9 aspect ratio for [cinematic viewing].
4. Camera [7.7/10]
Device comes with  rear cameras with LED flash &  front camera. The overall The camera quality [image & video] should be pretty great in day & good in night as it features,
- 48MP Main [f/1.8 Aperture, 26mm wide lens, 0.8 micron pixel, 1/2.0' Sensor size, PDAF, Auto HDR].
- 8MP Ultrawide [f/2.2 Aperture, 15mm ultrawide lens, 120 degree FOV, 1.12 micron pixel, 1/4.0' Sensor size].
- 5MP Depth [f/2.4 Aperture].
- Video recording options include 4K [2160p@30fps], FHD [1080p@30/60fps] with gyro-EIS image stabilization option.
- 16MP Front [f/1.9 Aperture, 29mm standard lens, 1.8 micron pixel, 1/3.06' Sensor size, Auto HDR].
- Video recording options include FHD [1080p@30fps].
1. Form Factor [7.8/10]
- Dimensions [167.2 x 74.1 x 7.9 mm].
- Weight [180g].
- Build [Glass front & back with aluminum frame]. It also comes with IP68 certification Dust & Water Resistance and MIL-STD-810G certification.
2. Features [7.5/10]
The device comes with pretty great features which include
- Important sensors [Fingerprint & Gyroscope].
- Connectivity options [Dual-Band WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 5.1 (A2DP, LE), USB Type-C port, GPS (A-GPS), dual SIM (dual nano SIM, dual 4G, dual VoLTE & VoWiFi)] & dedicated micro SD card slot.
- Audio features [Stereo speakers not front facing & 3.5mm headphone jack]. It also supports LG 3D sound engine.
3. SAR Values = Head: 1.090W/Kg [at 1g] & Body: 0.429W/Kg [at 1g].
4. Box Contents = LG Velvet Dual Screen [Device itself], Adapter, USB Type C cable, Guides / Paper work, SIM tool & Warranty card.
Price, Variants, Colors & Availability
Price  = INR 49,990 [without Dual Screen accessory INR 36,990].
Variants  = 6+128GB.
Colors  = Aurora Silver & Black.
Availability = Available from 12/11/2020 via Flipkart = Shop Now
Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Great Battery||- Better SOC Could be used|
|+ Pretty Great Performance||- 60Hz Display Refresh Rate|
|+ Pretty Great Dual Screen Display||- No OIS|
|+ Pretty Great Camera||- Pretty Premium Pricing|
|+ IP68 & MIL-STD-810G Ratings|
1. Product Rating = 7.86/10.
2. VFM Rating = 5.60/10.
3. GadgetGuruBN Rating = 6.73/10.
Note:- 1)Product Rating is given based on all above individual factors.
2)VFM [Value For Money] Rating is given based on device price range.
3) GadgetGuruBN Rating is combination of 1 & 2.
Q) What do i feel about LG Velvet Dual Screen?
A) It's a pretty great smartphone for [light / medium / heavy] usage at a pretty premium.
Q) So what do you think of LG Velvet Dual Screen?
A) Do let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
I hope you found this post helpful to get better idea of what this smartphone is about.
That's it for this one, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (Click here to visit ABN World) & follow me on Instagram (Click here to visit arun_bn) to show your wonderful support, to stay connected & to never miss future updates! .
Follow GadgetGuruBN on Instagram= Click here to visit.
Follow GadgetGuruBN on Telegram= Click here to visit.
Like GadgetGuruBN on Facebook= Click here to visit.
As always stay awesome & have a great day.