Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
Xiaomi today launched the Poco C3 Smartphone in India & here are top 4 things you need to know.
Before we get started make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel (Click here to visit ABN World) & follow me on Instagram (Click here to visit arun_bn) to show your wonderful support, to stay connected & to never miss future updates!. Let's dive in.
Top 3 Things
1. Big Screen Entertainment
Device comes with 6.53' HD+ IPS LCD 16M Display with 720x1600 pixels, 269 ppi density, 400 nits brightness & 20:9 aspect ratio. The display quality is quite very good considering following 3 reasons
- 269 ppi for adequate sharpness.
- 20:9 aspect ratio for cinematic viewing experience.
- 400 nits for adequate brightness.
2. Capable Performance
Device comes with Mediatek Helio G35 12nm SOC [System On Chip] which is an octa-core processor in 4+4 combination, The two higher frequency cores based on ARM-Cortex A53's are clocked at 2.3 Ghz & the four efficient cores based on ARM-Cortex A55's are clocked at 1.8 Ghz. The graphics are taken care by PowerVR [GE8320] GPU clocked at 680Mhz. The overall performance should be quite very good considering following 4 reasons.
- Four higher frequency ARM-Cortex A53 CPU cores clocked at 2.3Ghz [Faster Performance].
- The display resolution is 720p HD+ [Lower resolution = Lesser lag].
- Upto 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM [Very good for Multitasking] & upto 64GB of eMMC 5.1 ROM &.
- PowerVR [GE8320] GPU clocked at 680Mhz [Pretty good for Gaming].
3. Big Battery
Device comes with 5000 mAh Battery which supports 10W Fast Charging support via traditional Micro USB port [Not via USB Type-C port]. The battery life should be great considering 3 reasons.
- Bigger battery size.
- Pretty efficient 12nm fabrication of the SOC
- Eight [higher & lower efficiency] ARM-Cortex A53's cores clocked at 2.3 & 1.8Ghz.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: upto 7:30 hrs Avg*.
Battery Life : upto 1.5 days Avg*.
*Battery Life Stats give you better understanding of the screen on time and battery life which you can expect in real world [Note : Battery life depends on one's usage (light/medium/heavy), task (video watching/gaming/camera) & network (wifi/4G/3G). Based on one's usage, task & network above SOT & Battery Life will increase/decrease respectively].
1. Triple rear [16MP f/2.2 Aperture AI HDR Main (wide-angle) with PDAF, 2MP f/2.4 Aperture Macro, 2MP f/2.4 Aperture Depth] with LED flash & 5MP (wide-angle) f/2.2 Aperture AI HDR front cameras are on offer. For videos both the front & rear cameras are capable of recording 1080p@30fps. The overall camera quality should be pretty good.
2. Comes with basic sensors [Accelerometer, Proximity & Compass], connectivity options [Bluetooth 5.0, Micro USB port, A-GPS, Dual Sim (dual 4G, VoLTE & VoWiFi) & Dedicated Micro-SD card slot which is expandable upto 512GB] & audio features [Single loudspeaker & 3.5mm headphone jack].
3. Software version Android 10.0 with custom MIUI 12 Interface on top.
4. Dimensions [164.9 x 77 x 9 mm], Weight [196g] & Build [2.5D curved glass on front, dual pattern design back for better grip & Plastic Frame. It also comes with Splash resistant P2i Nano Coating].
5. SAR Values = Head : 0.506W/Kg (at 1g) & Body : 0.833W/Kg (at 1g).
6. Box Contents = Xiaomi Poco C3 [Device itself], Adapter, USB cable, SIM Ejector pin, guides / paper work & Warranty card.
Price, Variants, Colors & Availability
Price  = INR 7,499, INR 8,999.
Variants  = 3+32GB, 4+64GB.
Colors  = Arctic Blue, Lime Green & Matte Black.
Availability = Available from 16/10/2020 via 1st sale on Flipkart = Shop Now on Flipkart
Launch Offer = 10% Instant discount on SBI Cards during Big Billion Day 2020.
Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Quite Very Good Display||- No USB Type-C|
|+ Quite Very Good Performance||- Cameras could be slightly better|
|+ Great Battery Life||- eMMC 5.1 Storage|
|+ Splash resistant P2i Nano Coating||- No Fingerprint sensor|
GadgetGuruBN Product Rating = 6.9/10.
VFM Rating = 7.1/10.
Note :- 1)GadgetGuruBN Product Rating is given based on overall performance of the device on all above factors in it's segment.
•<5 = Average •5-5.9 = Good •6-6.9 = Very Good • 7-7.9 = Great •8-8.9 = Excellent •>9 = Extra-Ordinary.
2)VFM (Value For Money) Rating is given based on price to performance in it's segment.
•<5 = High Price •5-5.9 = Good Price •6-6.9 = Very Good Price •7-7.9 = Great Price •8-8.9 = Excellent Price •>9 = Most VFM.
Q) What do i feel about Xiaomi Poco C3?
A) It's a very good smartphone overall for light/medium usage which is also priced very well.
So what do you think of the Xiaomi Poco C3?, Do let me know your thoughts in the comments below. I hope you found this post helpful to get better idea of what this smartphone is about.