Hello & welcome to GadgetGuruBN website.
Motorola today launched the Motorola Razr 5G Smartphone in India & here are top 4 things you need to know.
Before we get started make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel (Click here to visit ABN World) & follow me on Instagram (Click here to visit arun_bn) to show your wonderful support, to stay connected & to never miss future updates!. Let's dive in.
Top 4 Things
1. Foldable Flip Design USP [Unique Selling Point]
Device comes with its unique Foldable Flip design being its main USP which does stand out from the crowd. The design makes it very compact when folded which helps in pocketability & also provides new experience to use the device [when folded & unfolded].
2. Very Good Display
Device comes with foldable 6.78' HD+ P-OLED 16M [Unfolded] & 2.7' SD G-OLED [Unfolded] Display with 2142x876 [unfolded] & 800x600 [folded] pixels, 373 ppi [unfolded] & 370 ppi [folded] density & 21:9 [unfolded] & 4:3 [folded] aspect ratio. The display quality should be very good considering following 2 reasons
- 373 ppi [unfolded] & 370 ppi [folded] for good sharpness.
- 21:9 [unfolded] & 4:3 [folded] aspect ratio for cinematic viewing experience [unfolded].
- Pretty good brightness.
3. Great Performance
Device comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G 7nm SOC [System On Chip] which is an octa-core processor in 1+1+6 combination, The one high performance core based on Kryo 475 Prime [ARM-Cortex A76] is clocked at 2.4 Ghz, the other high performance core based on Kryo 475 Gold [ARM-Cortex A76] is clocked at 2.2 Ghz & the remaining six efficient cores based on ARM-Cortex A55's are clocked at 1.8 Ghz. The graphics are taken care by Adreno 620 GPU. The overall performance should be great considering following 4 reasons.
- Two [1+1 combination] high performance ARM-Cortex A76 CPU cores [Faster Performance].
- The display resolution is 720p HD+ [Lower resolution = Lesser lag].
- 8GB RAM [Excellent for Multitasking] & 256GB storage .
- Adreno 620 GPU [Great for Gaming].
4. Very Good Camera
Device comes with single 48MP [f/1.7 Aperture, 0.8 micron pixel, Auto HDR, 26mm lens, 1/2.0 Sensor size, PDAF, OIS, Laser AF [TOF] with dual LED dual tone flash] rear & 20MP [f/2.2 Aperture, 0.8 micron pixel, Auto HDR, wide-angle] front cameras. The rear camera supports 4K [2160p@30fps in 16:9/21:9], FHD [1080p@30/60fps in 16:9/21:9] & Slow motion FHD [1080p@120fps] / HD [720p@240fps] video recording options & the front camera supports FHD [1080p@30/60fps in 16:9/21:9] video recording option. The camera quality [image & video] should be very good in day & good in night considering 6 reasons.
- f/1.7 Aperture [Lower Aperture = Better low light performance]
- OIS [To reduce blur].
- PDAF & Laser AF [Faster focusing].
- 1/2.0 Sensor size [Bigger sensor = Higher resolution].
- 48MP & 20MP [Higher MP count = More details]
- 0.8 micron pixel [Higher micron pixel size = Better image quality]
1. Comes with important sensors [Fingerprint, Gyroscope & Barometer], connectivity options [Dual-Band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.1 LE, NFC, USB Type-C 3.1 port, A-GPS & GLONASS, Dual Sim (nano SIM + eSIM, 5G, dual 4G, VoLTE & VoWiFi)] & audio features [Single loudspeaker, It also features 4 microphones] but misses out on 3.5mm headphone jack.
2. Software version Android 10.0 with close to stock android MY UX Interface on top.
3. Dimensions Unfolded [169.2 x 72.6 x 7.9] & folded [91.7 x 72.6 x 16], Weight [195g] & Build [Plastic [unfolded] & Corning Gorilla Glass 5 [folded] with 7000 series aluminium frame & Stainless steel Hinge. It also features water repellent coating but misses out official IP Rating].
4. 2800 mAh Battery which supports 18W Fast Charging. The battery life should be pretty good considering 2 reasons.
- Extremely efficient 7nm fabrication of the SOC
- Six efficient ARM-Cortex A55 cores.
Battery Life Stats
SOT [Screen on Time]: upto 5 hrs Avg*.
Battery Life : upto 1 day Avg*.
*Battery Life Stats give you better understanding of the screen on time and battery life which you can expect in real world [Note : Battery life depends on one's usage (light/medium/heavy), task (video watching/gaming/camera) & network (wifi/5G/4G/3G). Based on one's usage, task & network above SOT & Battery Life will increase/decrease respectively].
5. SAR Values = Head : 0.35W/Kg (at 1g) & Body : 0.75W/Kg (at 1g).
6. Box Contents = Motorola Razr 5G [Device itself], TurboPower 18W charger, USB Type-C cable, 3.5mm headphone jack adapter, guides / paper work, SIM tool & accessory pouch.
Price, Variants, Colors & Availability
Price  = INR 1,24,999.
Variants  = 8+256GB.
Colors  = Polished Graphite.
Availability = Available from 12/10/2020 via 1st sale on Flipkart = Shop Now on Flipkart
Pros, Cons, GadgetGuruBN Product Rating & VFM Rating
|+ Foldable Flip Design USP||- Better SOC could be used|
|+ Very Good Display||- Single rear camera|
|+ Great Performance||- Slightly bigger battery could be used|
|+ Very Good Camera Quality||- No 3.5mm headphone jack & IP Rating|
|+ Very Good Features & 5G Ready||- High Premium Price|
|- Display resolution could have been FHD+|
GadgetGuruBN Product Rating = 7.6/10.
VFM Rating = 4/10.
Note :- 1)GadgetGuruBN Product Rating is given based on overall performance of the device on all above factors in it's segment.
•<5 = Average •5-5.9 = Good •6-6.9 = Very Good • 7-7.9 = Great •8-8.9 = Excellent •>9 = Extra-Ordinary.
2)VFM (Value For Money) Rating is given based on price to performance in it's segment.
•<5 = High Price •5-5.9 = Good Price •6-6.9 = Very Good Price •7-7.9 = Great Price •8-8.9 = Excellent Price •>9 = Most VFM.
Q) What do i feel about Motorola Razr 5G?
A) It's a great smartphone overall for light/medium/heavy usage & the main USP is Foldable Flip design to stand out from the crowd but at high premium price.
So what do you think of the Motorola Razr 5G?, Do let me know your thoughts in the comments below. I hope you found this post helpful to get better idea of what this smartphone is about.